Overview: The Teams Import allows for ease of adding / importing / updating multiple Teams into the system at one time.
Required fields: Each Import type has required fields. If these fields are not included the file will not be accepted.
SN Team ID
|*Updating||Unique ID within SportNinja for that specific row/Team|
Abbreviation for Team Name (not displayed or required)
|Placeholder||No||Yes or No response. Only enter "Yes" for a dummy/placeholder team (often added as temporary, used for scheduling purposes)|
|No||Team Email (if applicable)|
|Website||No||Team Website (if applicable)|
|Phone Number||No||Team Phone Number (if applicable)|
|Sport||No||(eg. Hockey, Soccer, Basketball)|
- Download: Navigate to your Organizations Team page and Download a copy of the Team Import Template file. It will download as a ".csv" file.
Note: If UPDATING Teams...download a copy of your existing Teams data instead, using the "Export Teams" button. It uses the same file format, but will include any Teams data you currently have in the system.
- Edit: Open the file with an editing tool (eg. MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc). You may want to open it as a .xls, or .xlsx. file to make it easier to edit. Then, Edit the file by adding in your Team names and associated data. (Note: that you should not edit the field names at the top, and you cannot add any extra columns. You can only enter data for the fields in the file.)
- Save: Re-save or download your file as a ".csv" file, as this format is required for import.
- Import: Import your updated file by clicking on the "Import Teams" button, then select your updated .csv file from its saved location.
If your file was successfully imported, the pop-up window will automatically close after a few seconds. (If your file import was not accepted, you will receive error messages suggesting the route of the issue. Review, update the file as necessary and attempt again.)
1. Download the file template
Find the file in your Downloads folder
Option A - Upload the file to your Google Drive then open it with Google Sheets.
Option B - Open the file with your own editing tool (eg. Excel as a .xls or .xlsx)
Update the file with your new Team data.
(Note: It's recommended that you delete the first "SN Team ID" column (ie. column A) entirely from the file (unless you are updating existing teams data). This field is a unique identifier used to match against existing teams in the system, the import will fail if any of fields in this column are left blank.)
Per above, the highlighted fields are required for import. The fields not highlighted are optional.
Save your file again as a ".csv" file.
4) Import: Go to the "Import Teams" button
Navigate to your saved file
The import button will now be highlighted and selectable.
The file will either import successfully, or it will fail with error messages:
Error Message examples...
If you are still having trouble, review these articles:
Import/Export - Troubleshooting
Article is closed for comments.