Overview: The Rosters Import allows for adding, inviting and then updating Players on a team all at one time.
Required fields: Each Import type has required fields. If these fields are not included the file will not be accepted.
|SN Player ID||*Updating||Unique ID within SportNinja for that specific row/Player|
|Last Name||*Yes||Player Last Name (Surname)|
|First Name||*Yes||Player First Name (Given Name)|
|Position||*Yes||Options: Forward, Defense, Goaltender, Skater|
|Height||No||Player Height in Meters (eg. "1.73")|
|Weight||No||Player Weight in Pounds (eg. "160")|
|Birth Date||No||Birth Date in Format: YYYY-MM-DD|
|Hometown||No||Player Hometown (City)|
|Homeprov||No||Player Hometown (Province or State)|
|Rookie||No||Is it this Player's Rookie Year? ("Y" or "N")|
|No||Player Email - Recommended|
Response: "Y" or "N".
If "Y", the system will email out an invite to each player with an email listed.
- Download: Navigate to your Team's Roster page and Download a copy of the Roster Import Template file. It will download as a ".csv" file.
Note: If UPDATING Rosters...download a copy of your existing Roster data instead, using the "Export Roster" button. It uses the same file format, but will include any Roster data you currently have in the system.
- Edit: Open the file with an editing tool (eg. MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc). You may want to open it as a .xls, or .xlsx. file to make it easier to edit. Then, Edit the file by adding in your Player names and associated player information. (Note: that you should not edit the field names at the top, and you cannot add any extra columns. You can only enter data for the fields in the file.)
- Save: Re-save or download your file as a ".csv" file, as this format is required for import.
- Import: Import your updated file by clicking on the "Import Rosters" button, then select your updated .csv file from its saved location.
If your file was successfully imported, the pop-up window will automatically close after a few seconds. (If your file import was not accepted, you will receive error messages suggesting the route of the issue. Review, update the file as necessary and attempt again.)
1. Download the file template
Find the file in your Downloads folder
Option A - Upload the file to your Google Drive then open it with Google Sheets.
Option B - Open the file with your own editing tool (eg. Excel as a .xls or .xlsx)
Update the file with your new Player data.
(Note: It's recommended that you delete the first "SN Player ID" column (ie. column A) entirely from the file (unless you are updating existing Player data). This field is a unique identifier used to match against existing players in the system, the import will fail if any of fields in this column are left blank.)
Per above, the highlighted fields are required for import. However, overall completeness is recommended, particularly email addresses.
Save your file again as a ".csv" file.
4) Import: Go to the "Import Roster" button
Navigate to your saved file
The import button will now be highlighted and selectable.
The file will either import successfully, or it will fail with error messages:
Error Message examples...
If you are still having trouble, review these articles:
Import/Export - Troubleshooting
Article is closed for comments.