Overview: The Competitions Import allows for ease of adding / importing / updating Schedule or Game-related data into the system at once.
Required fields: Each Import type has required fields. If these fields are not included the file will not be accepted.
|SN Game ID||*Updating||Unique ID within SportNinja for that specific row/game|
|Date||*Yes||Game Date (YYYY-MM-DD)|
|Location||*Yes||Location of the event (ie. Arena's name in the system)|
|*Yes||Surface (eg. Rink A)|
|Game Type||*Yes||8 Options: preliminary, exhibition, regular season, final, consolation final, playoff, quarterfinal, semifinal|
|Hierarchy||No||Season or Division name. OR, if both: then list as "Conference > Division".|
Highlighted are required fields
Add 1 Game-only and Export your schedule (then skip to Step 2): It's recommended that you add 1 Game in manually (on the web). This will give you all the specific details for your Competition's template formatted and filled out for you in the first row (which can be copied to the next rows and edited as needed).
Export your 1-game Schedule (and skip to step 2)
- Download: Navigate to your Competition page and Download a copy of the Competition Import Template file. It will download as a ".csv" file. Note: If UPDATING schedules...download a copy of your existing Competition data instead, using the "Export Comp" button. It uses the same file format, but will include any schedule data you currently have in the system.
- Edit: Open the file with an editing tool (eg. MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc). You may want to open it as a .xls, or .xlsx. file to make it easier to edit. Then, Edit the file by adding in your Schedule and associated data. Note that you should not edit the field names at the top, and you cannot add any extra columns. You can only enter data for the fields in the file.
- Save: Re-save or download your file as a ".csv" or ".xml" file, as this format is required for import.
- Import: Import your updated file by clicking on the "Import Competitions" button, then select your updated .csv file from its saved location. If your file was successfully imported, the pop-up window will automatically close after a few seconds. If your file is not accepted, you will receive error messages suggesting the route of the issue. Review, update the file as necessary and attempt again.
1. Download the file template
Find the file in your Downloads folder
Option A - Upload the file to your Google Drive, then open it with Google Sheets.
Option B - Open the file with your own editing tool (eg. Excel, Numbers... as a .xls or .xlsx)
Update the file with your new Schedule/Game data.
(Note: It's recommended that you delete the first "SN Game ID" column (ie. column A) entirely from the file (unless you are updating existing Schedule data). This field is a unique identifier used to match against existing Games in the system, the import will fail if any of fields in this column are left blank.)
Per above, the highlighted fields are required for import. The fields not highlighted are optional.
Save your file again as a ".csv" or ".xml" file.
4) Import: Go to the "Import Teams" button
Navigate to your saved file
The import button will now be highlighted and selectable.
The file will either import successfully, or it will fail with error messages:
Error Message examples...
If you are still having trouble, review these articles:
Import/Export - Troubleshooting
Article is closed for comments.